"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art - write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." ~Neil Gaiman

The Challenge:
Create one new thing every day in 2011.
The Rules: 10 "freebie" days are allowed, but not encouraged.
The Proof: Weekly updates accounting for each day.
LET'S MAKE SOME ART!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Days Five to Eight: Humming, Hands, and a Hauntings

It’s been quite the busy week, with friends in from out of town, homecoming at my former high school, work, and just general craziness. Despite all this, I’ve still managed to keep up with my daily good madness.

Day 5 = I wrote a melody for a song. Okay, in all fairness there wasn’t much writing involved. On the drive home from work I started thinking about our ghost hunting adventures the other night and I began to hum. When I got home I rushed to my computer, humming all the while, and recorded the melody. So coming up with this melody (or “finding” it more like) was my good madness for the day.

Day 6 = Many distractions today, so I didn’t get to invest a lot of time. Instead I did a quick ink drawing of my hand, which you can see here:



Day 7 = I went back and listened to the melody I had written, and I wrote words to go with it based on our adventuring on Monday and Thursday night. I’ll write the words below…

There is something out there in the night
(Repeat Twice)
And it’s watching watching watching us
And it’s watching watching us

There are eyes that glow in the dark of the trees
(Repeat Twice)
And they’re watching watching watching us
And they’re watching watching us

There’s a figure hovering over our beds
(Repeat Twice)
And it’s watching watching watching us
And it’s watching watching us.

There’s a voice that speaks in the void of our dreams
(Repeat )
And the thing that speaks in the void of our dreams
Is watching watching watching us
And it’s watching watching us

One day we’ll be buried down deep in our graves
(Repeat)
And the thing that’s been with us for all of our days
Will be watching watching watching still
And I think it may even smile.

Day 8 = I took the song I’d written on Days 5 and 7 and edited together footage from some of our adventuring to make this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment